Home > ELECSA News > When water and electrics mix

When water and electrics mix

Release Date: 28/04/2017

 ELECSA'stechnical expert Darren Staniforth appeared on Radio 2 recently for a discussion on the dangers of mixing water and electrics.
Darren was asked to appear on the show following the death of a young woman in the USA who was electrocuted after jumping into a lake close to her home.

A faulty light circuit  created a current in the water which passed through the young woman when she jumped in.

The feature formed a large part of the Jeremy Vine show on BBC Radio 2 which also looked at the increasing potential for danger in the UK as more and more householders look to install Jacuzzis and hot tubs in their gardens.

You can catch a recording of the interview here.