There are no seminars scheduled at this time. Check back soon.
Qualified supervisors can now apply for an ECS gold card through ELECSA.
In partnership with the Joint Industry Board (JIB), ELECSA can offer eligible Qualified Supervisors (QS) the opportunity to apply for an ECS gold card and be recognised as an Installation Electrician under the rules of the ECS.
Under the new agreement a QS with a UK electrotechnical Level 3 NVQ (or a formal UK electrotechnical apprenticeship) can apply. See full details on qualifications here
- Increased opportunity for new work
- Validation of qualifications and demonstration of knowledge and expertise
- Promotion of your partnership with ELECSA
- Proving your identity and providing client reassurance
- Confirmation that you meet current Health and Safety standards
- Instant recognition in the industry
- Access to a range of added benefits to assist your business
- Reduced price of only £35 + VAT to purchase
- Card is valid for 3 years*
All applicants, must hold an up to date ECS Health and Safety Assessment (we are unable to accept health and safety exemptions for this card), please call 0845 313 1532 to book yours now, and BS 7671 qualification in the current edition of the Wiring Regs.
- The application process will provide a link for your photo** to be uploaded
- Cards will be issued with the business name on them
- JIB will issue the card to you via the business address
- Approved Contractor Qualified Supervisors may need to wait until they have had three successful assessments with the new business
- A QS who is employed by a business that undertakes a change of trading title will need to request a renewal card
- QS who currently have this card with the JIB will need to apply as a new applicant when their current card comes up for renewal
- Health and Safety exemptions do not apply to this card
- Covers England, Wales and Northern Ireland
- For Scotland you will need to contact the SJIB on 0131 445 9216
BEFORE APPLYING PLEASE ENSURE YOU HAVE:
- Your National Insurance number to hand
- Successfully passed within the last two years or booked on the ECS Health & Safety test. To book please call 0845 313 1532
- If applying via option 2, have available electronic copies of appropriate qualifications
- A passport style photo** and a copy of supporting photographic identification (e.g. Driving licence or passport)
- Read, understand and agree to meet the terms outlined within the related ELECSA ECS Gold card Terms and Conditions
- A valid debit or credit card to make payment. Please note that the application fee is non-refundable
* Valid subject to QS remaining at the same business and the business Trading Title remaining unchanged. QS’s who leave or are employed by a business who undertake a change in Trading Title will need to make a new application under the new business name
**Photo software is available as part of the application process, the photo must be a passport style against a plain white background.